Sofia Dev Studio helps people transform broad business goals into concrete roadmaps, working POCs, and full-fledged, high-quality software products.
We are a small, yet constantly growing, diverse team from all over the world. We are curious, self-driven and willing to enrich our knowledge in both professional and personal lives. You will be working with team members who are dedicated to quality and value creation and are always ready to help and support each other.
Currently we are looking for a part-time Front-End Developer to join our team starting right away. In this role you will be supporting the ongoing development, testing and implementation of internal and client projects. Our ideal candidate has strong leadership, communication and development skills, is process-orientated and is capable of high productivity working remote.
- Excellent knowledge of jQuery and Bootstrap
- Good understanding of client-side programming principles (asynchronous requests, partial page updates, AJAX, etc.)
- Experience with Angular or Vue
- Experience with React/Redux
- Experience with version control systems (git/ tfs)
- Experience with Mobile
- Experience with frameworks
- Experience building dashboard projects and data visualization
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle and object-oriented development
- Fluency in English
*BONUS SKILLS* – Typescript, Understanding of OOP Principles, Website and software development, Data structures, MVC, Interest in UX, Project / Program management, Design thinking, Multilingual, Nonprofit / Philanthropic organizations.
FRONT END DEVELOPMENT TEAM PARTICIPATION, a key member of the team responsible for collaborating on solutions with the development team. Understand, meet, and help to define our front-end team quality standards and practices, front-end development estimates, deliverables, schedule, and delivery process. Actively participate in code reviews and support team members in solving problems cooperatively.
FRONT END DEVELOPMENT COMMUNICATION: escalate issues in a timely manner to get help. Report your daily stand up in Slack with a quick list of what you did yesterday and what you plan to work on today plus any blocking issues. Record your time in Jira on assigned development tasks. Provide daily code commits. Communicate with other team members to promptly request access to tools, repositories, and designs needed to complete their assignments.
CODE REVIEWS / QA / JIRA, ensure high quality front-end code is committed to company repositories. Use Jira to manage tasks, capture bugs and errors. Must be diligent in using Jira / issue tracking software to consistently track progress and issues, and verify issue resolution after deployment.
ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE IN CONVERSATIONS (VIRTUAL MEETINGS) with project team to understand requirements and articulate issues and solutions. Ask questions and bring ideas to the table. Attend client-facing meetings if his/her input is needed.
- At least 5 years of professional experience working on a similar position
- Bias for action
Our small team thrives on autonomy and creativity.
Sound fun? Contact us today and tell us about your background. Please apply by sending us your CV at [email protected]. Thank you for your consideration!
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working hours (10-40h per month)
- Work from anywhere
- Working on challenging projects
- Be part of a motivated team with knowledge-sharing culture
- Find opportunities to improve and acquire skills
- Virtual Team Happy Hour