Sofia Dev Studio empowers individuals to plan bravely their ideas and provides them with the technology tools to fulfill them. Seabeck Systems and Sofia Dev Studio are partnering to help business decision makers cultivate skills, build teams, develop software and business processes, and improve planning and measurement.
We are a small, yet constantly growing, diverse team from all over the world. We are curious, self-driven and willing to enrich our knowledge in both professional and personal lives. You will be working with team members who are dedicated to quality and value creation and are always ready to help and support each other.
Currently, we are looking for a part-time UX Designer to join our team right away. We will immediately put your UX design and rapid prototyping skills to work on a greenfield project.
This role will analyze end-user profiles and behavior to create design concepts and engaging user experience for the company’s internal and external project. Our ideal candidate is creative and up to date with recent trends in UX and UI design.
STRONG ANALYTICAL SKILLS – Curious, inquisitive, and precise. Must be able to conduct research and competitive analysis with data from multiple stakeholders and sources to create and prioritize usability initiatives and identify opportunities for innovation.
INDEPENDENT SELF-STARTER AND PROBLEM SOLVER – Must be a creative contributor to idea generation and proactive problem solver. Must be capable of seeing the big-picture in order to build user experience architecture. Must be capable of high productivity working remote with excellent organization and time management skills.
FAMILIAR WITH SDLC AND PROCESS ENGINEERING – Experienced working with software development teams. Familiarity with the software development lifecycle and understanding of common software project management and agile practices. Experience with Scrum/Agile process frameworks will be considered a plus.
POWER USER – Must have strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks, Balsamic, Azure and associated design tools. Must have understanding of HTML, CSS, JS concepts and development. Experience with user interface design patterns, rapid prototyping skills and standard UCD methodologies
- Experience designing user experience for complex software systems
- Experience with designing user interfaces for mobile devices
- Participated/led usability studies
- Proficiency in creating prototypes in Figma/Adobe XD
- Act as the user-advocate during the development process subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offering implementation suggestions from a user-centered perspective
- Work closely with the Product Manager and development team to design a consistent user experience
- Design a prototype by using Figma – interface designs, flow, interactions
- Participate in usability studies in order to understand the users and how to build Africa-centric design and improve the information flow, readability, and interface usability
- Work with Product Manager to align features with user journey
- Create, maintain, iterate and update documentation
- Document UI specifications for visual designs and collaborate with development staff to ensure implementation of visual and interaction designs
- At least 5 years of professional experience building UX design for software and web or mobile applications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design-related fields or substantial experience in design with a strong portfolio of recent UI & UX work
- Portfolio of interaction designs for web and mobile applications
Our small team thrives on autonomy and creativity.
Sound fun? Contact us today and tell us about your background. Please apply by sending us your CV and portfolio at [email protected] . Thank you for your consideration!
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working hours (10-40h per month)
- Work from anywhere
- Working on challenging projects
- Be part of a motivated team with knowledge-sharing culture
- Find opportunities to improve and acquire skills
- Virtual Team Happy Hour